- Register / Venue
- PAST SYMPOSIUMS
- 2021 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
- 2020 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
- 2019 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
- 2018 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
- 2017 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
- 2016 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
- 2015 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
- 2014 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
- 2013 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
- DSI Home
October 7-8, 2020 | Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
The 8th Annual Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium will provide a forum for members of the DoD, Federal Government, State and Local Government, Private Industry, Academia, and other relevant CBRN stakeholders to discuss the latest updates in advancing a government wide approach to improving CBRN defense, readiness and response strategies and capabilities.
2020 Scheduled Speakers Include:
- Dr. Brandi Vann, SES
- Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Chemical and Biological Defense
- Donald Alway
- Assistant Director, Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Jay Tilden
- Associate Administrator and Deputy Under Secretary for Counterterrorism for Counterproliferation
- National Nuclear Security Administration
- Dr. Jason Roos
- Deputy Joint Program Executive Officer for Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defense
- Dr. Eric Moore
- US Army CCDC Chemical Biological Center
- Col Donald Riley, USMC
- Commanding Officer
- Chemical Biological Incident Response Force
Why You Should Attend This Symposium
- DSI’s 8th Annual Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium will provide the latest updates on US efforts to advance chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) defense. This forum will convene senior-level officials from throughout the military and federal and state governments to share their unique insights into successful CBRN incident detection, protection, and recovery strategies, as well as R&D initiatives, updates on joint CBRN requirements, and developments in inter-agency cooperation.
- Our Symposium’s speakers will examine the strategies for enhancing CBRN preparedness, prevention, response and mitigation initiatives across the full spectrum of CBRN threats, whether they be a manmade, accidental, or naturally occurring. This event will also convene a panel of experts to discuss the threat of fentanyl on US national security.
- Attendees at DSI’s 2019 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium will have a unique opportunity to engage in open and honest conversation with key decision makers from across the DoD, DHS, FBI and HHS about countering CBRN WMD effects. Attendees will gain valuable insights into navigating the CBRN technology acquisition process and will hear about the solutions urgently needed by our government to ensure we are prepared for any future threats we may face at home or abroad.
- DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Symposiums’ content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the CBRN defense community, including operational leaders, intelligence providers, key policymakers and solution providers from Industry and Academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group.
Topics to be Covered at the Symposium:
- – Supporting Enhanced Warfighter and Emergency Personnel Protection from CBRN Threats
- – Modernizing Capabilities for Rapid and Accurate Threat Detection, Assessment and Mitigation
- – Driving Medical Countermeasures Development to Limit the Adverse Health Effects of CBRN Incidents
- – Developing Strategies for an Improved, Coordinated and Effective CBRN Response
- – Advancing CBRN Training Methods and Technologies to Ensure Responders are Ready for Future Threats
- – Fostering Joint, Interagency and International Cooperation and Intelligence Sharing
- – Enabling Real Time, Informed Decision Making at Multiple Levels of Leadership
- – Leveraging Robotic Platforms for Increased Detection and Mitigation Capabilities
At our Symposium you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing the Civil & DoD CBRN community.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some of the latest technologies related to Chemical, Biological, Nuclear and Radiological Defense.
- Impact: Help foster ideas. Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. Our town hall format is your opportunity to address our speakers with questions or comments on the current mission.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:
- The 2020 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium provides opportunities for exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, luncheon and cocktail receptions.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees:
- DSI’s Symposium directly supports DoD priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Symposium will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external medical initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
- The Symposium is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
- (Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
*Symposium is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS*