- Register / Venue
- PAST SYMPOSIUMS
- 2021 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
- 2020 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
- 2019 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
- 2018 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
- 2017 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
- 2016 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
- 2015 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
- 2014 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
- 2013 Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
- DSI Home
5th Annual Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium
“Advancing A Whole of Government Approach to CBRN Defense, Response & Readiness”
March 21 & 22, 2017 | Mary M Gates Learning Center – Alexandria, VA
DSI’s Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium is designed as an educational and training “Town Hall” forum, where thought leaders and key policy-makers across military and civilian organizations can come together for actionable discussions and debate. The symposium’s overall theme will focus on Advancing CBRN Response, Defense & Technology Readiness For Joint CBRN Defense and the changing budget landscape for Joint CBRN readiness, technology and supporting industry.
2017 Confirmed Symposium Speakers Include:
- Rear Admiral Scott B. Jerabek, Deputy Director, Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA)
- Joseph L. Corriveau, Ph.D., SES, Director, U.S. Army Edgewood Chemical Biological Center (ECBC)
- Daniel McCormick, Deputy Executive Officer, JPEO-CBD
- Dr. John Fischer, Director, Chemical and Biological Defense Division, HSARPA
- Dr. L. Wayne Brasure, Director, DHS Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO)
- Dr. Michael V. Walter, BioWatch Program Manager, Office of Health Affairs, Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Why Attend Joint CBRN 2017:
DSI’s Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium will provide the latest updates from key organizations involved in advancing CBRN Response, Defense & Technology Readiness. Bringing together a whole of government perspective to address new objectives in equipping and training multi-mission forces within CBRN defense operations the symposium will also focus on assistance to state and local governments in response to and recovery from the effects of a CBRN event.
Our symposium will provide valuable information on efforts to build partnerships provide stakeholders with key viewpoints on future capabilities for the CBRN defense community.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Opportunities:
The Joint Civil & DoD CBRN Symposium provides opportunities in exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, to luncheon and cocktail receptions.
Key Areas This Symposium Will Address:
- Maintaining critical capabilities and competencies, aligned with RDA priorities, to rapidly develop, test, and field CBRN defensive capabilities
- Organization of Data to Support Decision Making at Multiple Levels of Leadership
- Homeland Security CBRN reorganization update
- Maintaining Biosurveillance Systems
- Public Health IT & Biomedical interoperability with legacy healthcare
- Warfighter Protection and Reducing interference with operational platforms and communications
- Advanced Threat Decontamination
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
– Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing the Civil & DoD CBRN community today.
– Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some of the latest technologies related to Chemical and Biological Defense, Detection & Disease Surveillance, Integrated Logistics Support Center, training, as well as Contamination Avoidance, and Transformational Medical Technologies.
– Impact: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are given the opportunity to address our speaker faculty with their questions or comments and will receive a pre-Symposium questionnaire for precise questions and subject matters you would like our speakers to address.
Operating Guidance For Government Attendees:
DSI’s Symposium directly supports DoD & Federal Government CBRN priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
Symposium will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
(Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS
2017 SPONSORS & EXHIBITORS
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.